You have no items in your Quote.
HCT Piercing Rod Training CourseEmail to a Friend
This course provides user training on PRB coal characteristics including fire and explosion dangers and problems related to combating PRB coal fires. The course focuses on the proper techniques to safely extinguish silo/bunker fires including the use of HCT’s Piercing Rod.
- An understanding of the dangers of Powder River Basin (PRB) coal.
- The ability to locate and prevent fugitive dust build-up.
- Instruction on extinguishing a PRB coal fire according to industry guidelines.
- Identification and assembly of all components of a piercing rod.
- Identification of the site-specific location for the piercing rod kit.
- Demonstrated ability to set up and correctly operate a portable foam eductor.
- Identifying any and all safety issues involved when deploying a piercing rod.
- Identifying and having a working knowledge of personal protective equipment used while deploying a piercing rod.
- A demonstrated working knowledge of the PRB Coal Users’ Group general guidelines for fire suppression in coal bunkers/silos.
Student Performance Objectives:
- Students shall be able to pass a proficiency exam on the course content materials.
- Students shall be able to identify and be familiar with PRB coal handling characteristics and firefighting methods.
Equipment and Visual Aids:
- Data Projector and Screen
- Dry Erase Board and Markers
- HCT Piercing Rod
- Pressurized Water Source
- Micelle Encapsulator Concentrate or Training Foam
- PRB Coal Silo/Bunker Fire Extinguishment Guidelines and Piercing Rod Training PowerPoint Presentation
- PRB Coal Users’ Group Coal Bunker/Silo Fire Suppression Guidelines
- Hazard Control Technologies Piercing Rod Operations Manual
- Personal Experience in dealing with F-500 and the Piercing Rod on Bunker, Coal Yard, and Transfer House Fires
|Manufacturer||Hazard Control Technologies|
|Course Title||HCT Piercing Rod Training Course|
|Course Length||3 Hours Classroom, 1 Hour Hands-On Training|
|Training Materials||Presentation Workbook|
|Max Class Size||50 Students|